Top 10 home remedies for cough.
The herb turmeric has a therapeutic effect on coughs, particularly a dry cough. • Heat half a cup of water in a boiling pot. Add one teaspoon turmeric powder, and one teaspoon black pepper. You may also add cinnamon sticks. Boil this for about two to three minutes. Add one tablespoon of honey. Drink this daily until the condition improves.
• Another way to use turmeric is to roast turmeric root and grind it into a smooth powder. Mix it with water and honey, and drink it twice a day.
Ginger is one of the most popular natural cures for a cough.
• Cut fresh ginger into small slices and crush them slightly. Put them in a cup of water and bring to a boil. Drink this herbal solution three to four times a day for relief from sore throat, non-stop coughing and even congestion. You can also some lemon juice and honey to it.
• Another option is to chew fresh raw ginger on and off throughout the day to reduce your cough.
Lemons can be used in a variety of ways for curing coughs. Lemons have properties that reduce inflammation and also provide a dose of infection-fighting vitamin C.
• Another way to use lemons is to blend lemon juice with a little honey and a pinch of cayenne pepper and then drink it.
Garlic has both antibacterial and antimicrobial components that help treat coughs.
• Boil two to three cloves of garlic in a cup of water and add a teaspoon of oregano. Allow it to cool to room temperature, add some honey and drink it. This will help your breathing and alleviate other cough symptoms.
• Eat a clove of crushed garlic mixed with a few drops of clove oil and some honey for sore throat relief. You can also use garlic in your cooking.
One of the simplest home remedies for a cough is to cut onions. Breathing in the strong vapors can help stop coughing.
• You can also make a cough syrup from baked onion juice, comfrey tea and honey. Drink it daily to get relief from a dry cough.
• Another option is to combine one-half teaspoon of onion juice with one teaspoon of pure honey. Swallow this solution at least twice a day to alleviate a cough and soothe your throat.
6. Hot Milk with Honey
Hot milk with honey can relieve a dry cough and reduce chest pain you may be experiencing from continuous coughing. For best results, drink it before going to sleep. For added benefits from the analgesic properties of honey, swallow a teaspoon of plain honey on empty stomach. This will help clear the mucus and soothe your throat.
Cayenne helps reduce chest pain due to continuous coughing. It is also warming and stimulating.
1. Make a healthy cough syrup by mixing one-fourth teaspoon cayenne pepper, one-fourth teaspoon ground ginger, one tablespoon honey, one tablespoon apple cider vinegar and two tablespoons of water.
2. Drink the syrup two to three times a day.
8. Carrot Juice
Carrots have many vitamins and nutrients that can help relieve various symptoms of a cough.
1. Make fresh juice from four to five carrots and add some water to dilute it. For taste and added benefits, add one teaspoon of honey.
2. Drink the juice three to four times a day until your symptoms improve.
Grapes have properties that act as an expectorant, releasing the mucus from the affected parts of your respiratory system. The faster you get rid of the mucus, the faster your coughing will end. You can simply eat grapes or make some fresh grape juice. Grape juice with a spoonful of honey is soothing as well as effective.
Almonds have nutritional properties that play a proactive role in healing cough symptoms.
1. Soak five to six almonds in water for 8 to 10 hours.
2. Make a smooth paste out of the soaked almonds and add one teaspoon of butter.
3. Eat it three to four times a day until you get relief.
These home remedies can give you relief from the various symptoms of a cough without the side effects that come with pills and cough syrups.
FOR MORE RANDOM INFORMATION PLEASE VISITHOME REMEDIES